Bardia Jungle Safari Boarded By The Karnali River to the far western Terai of Nepal.It is known as Royal Bardia National Park which covers 968 sq. km. It is 585 km from Kathmandu. The park is the largest and most undisturbed expanse of wilderness in southern Nepal. Although the largest park it is least explored by foreign tourists. About 70% of the park is covered with Sal jungle, the remaining 30% is a mixture of grassland, savannah and riverine forest. The park contains eight types of ecosystem. The park headquarters are situated at Thakurdwara (also the location of Forest Hideaway) and is surrounded by idyllic villages and fields inhabited by an indigenous ethnic group, the ‘Tharu’.
Originally a hunting reserve, Bardia became a conservation area in 1976 and then attained National Park status in 1988. Presently a plan is being considered to further expand the park both north and eastwards. Conservation is a strong theme within Bardia; the park as well providing a home habitat for many species also provides an ideal environment for the study of wildlife. The WWF and the King Mahendra Trust for Nature Conservation are active in the park monitoring wildlife and breeding habitats. They have also implemented an educational scheme for local people identifying the meaning of, and need for conservation. More than thirty different mammals, over two hundred species of bird and many snakes, lizards and fish have been recorded within the park. Both resident and migratory birds can be found within the park boundaries. As well as the numerous more common animals and birds the Bardia National Park is home to 19 of Nepal’s 39 legally protected species. These include the One-horned Rhinoceros, wild Asian Elephant, Bengali Tiger, Swamp Deer, Black Buck Antelope, Gangetic Dolphin and Gharial Crocodile. Endangered birds include the Bengal Florican, the Silver-eared Mesia and the Sarus Crane. In fact the WWF indicated the Bardia National Park as playing a major role in the survival of the world tiger population. As a result, it is not surprising to find that Bardia provides the best opportunity to view the Bengal Tiger in Nepal.
Bardia National Park 3 Nights 4 Days Tour Package:
Day 01: Drive to Thakurdwara / Check in Lodge of Bardia National Park / Rest or take a tour like bird watching, visitor's center or village tour.
Day 02: Morning, go for an elephant ride, come back and have breakfast. Explore the jungle on foot looking for Tiger, Rhino, wild elephants and exotic brid life.
Day 03: Jeep Safari and visit Elephnat breeding center.
Day 04: Bird watching trip in the morning and then departure after breakfast.