8 Best Treks in Nepal
Nepal is the land with eight of the top ten highest summits in the world and some of the most beautiful landscapes which are only reachable on foot, trekking in Nepal is one of the unique experiences of Not only Asia but the whole world.
Trekking in Nepal provides you the amazing opportunity to experience wonderful natural beauty of the country with unique traditions and cultures of the people. Trekking trails passes through ivory snows, jaded forests and blossoms of rhododendrons; you will be mesmerised by view.
Despite what many may perceive, trekking in Nepal is not necessarily wandering alone through an uncharted wilderness. As they walk along the well-marked trekking paths, travellers will often discover quite the opposite; hundreds of locals passing through each day as they haul food, water and other odd necessities back to their tiny villages, along with dozens of fellow trekkers. The regularly-spaced villages and tea houses allow trekkers good opportunities to rest and recover, either for a few minutes or the night. The strong culture and unreserved friendliness of the Nepalese people can also be witnessed as one traverses the hill tracks.
TOP 8 routes for Trekking in Nepal
1. Everest Base Camp Trek:
Nepal is famous for the World’s highest mountain, i.e. Mount Everest. So, Everest Base camp trek is top and popular trek routes in Nepal. The Everest Base camp trek provides spectacular up-front views of the world highest mountain i. e. Mount Everest. Similarly, one can explore the highest altitude civilisation,Sherpa villages and to relish the beauty. This is one of the best treks in Nepal and offers an exclusive trekking experience that you will not get no where in the world.
- Trek to the foot of magnificent the world’s highest Mountain[Everest}
- Able to Explore Sherpa villages and Buddhist culture.
- Challenging hikes to Kala Pattar (18,192′), Nangkartshang Peak (16,672′). and Everest Base Camp (17,590′)
- Duration: 22 Days
- Maximum Altitude: 5545 m
- Best Time: Oct. to Dec. and April to May
2. Annapurna Circuit Trekking:
Annapurna Circuit Trekking is considered one of the best trekking in the world though road construction is threatening its reputation and its future as a classic trek. As the Annapurna circuit trekking rises to an altitude of 5,416m on the Thorung La pass which touches the edge of the Tibetan plateau. This trek crosses two different river valleys and encircles the Annapurna massif, crossing Thorung La (5416m/17769 ft), the highest pass on this trek. Practically, all trekkers hike the route anticlockwise, as this way the daily altitude gain is slower, and crossing the high Thorong La pass is easier and safer.
- The mountain scenery, seen at close quarters includes the Annapurna Massif (Annapurna I-IV), Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchhre, Manaslu, Gangapurna, Tilicho Peak, Pisang Peak, and Paungda Danda.
- Numerous other peaks of 6000-8000m in elevation rise from the Annapurna range.
- unique cultural heritage and merging of lower land Gurung and Tibetan cultural influences of that region.
- Visiting Muktinath Temple, the holy place
- Able to Trekking through Kali Gandaki Valley and the deepest gorge.
- Culture of different ethnic groups.
- Rhododendron forest
1.Duration: 23 Days
2. Maximum Altitude: 5416 m.
3. Best Time: Mid Aug. to Dec. and April to May.
3. Manaslu Circuit Trek:
Manaslu circuit Trekking, a well-loved trekking route in Nepal which offers with pristine mountain views, rich culture and awesome adventure sum up the trek experience around the 8156 m Manaslu. There is no doubt that the trekking in Manaslu will reward you with magnificent views of the Annapurna Massifs and Dhaulagiri peaks that’s literally gratifying to the soul.
1. Clear sight of 10 peaks of over 6500 m (21,300 ft
2.Can Camp or sleep under a roof every night
3. The altitude profile for this trek is excellent
4. walk from lush sub-tropic to the highest mountains in the world
5. Cultural experiences with the Tibetan and mountain people
6.Buddhist temples, architecture and tradition
7. Amazing photographic chance
Duration: 22 Days
Maximum Altitude: 5213 m.
Best Time: February, March, April, May, June, September, October , November and early December.
4. Langtang Valley Trek:
Langtang Valley Trek is well known for its diverse vegetation and cultural villages. The region is as wild as any other Tibetan highlands with unique rural landscape. In the same manner, this trek offers exposure to the unique culture of Tamang community and also able glance at beautiful glaciers at a relatively low altitude. The Langtang valley offers the awesome sight view of mountain panorama.
- Magical charm of the mountains closely
- Visit ancient Buddhist monastery and glaciers
- Experience the natural beauty of the lang tang valley
- Come across the lush forest of Rhododendrons and oaks
Duration: 10 Days
Maximum Altitude: 3850m.
Best Time: Sept. to Dec. and late March to May, Flowers bloom in the spring.
5. Upper Mustang:
Upper Mustang trekking is one of the most popular trekking routes in Mustang region Of Nepal. Upper Mustang trek takes you to the heart of Mustang region. This Trekking offers an exotic tour to unspoiled Tibetan villages on the other side of Nepalese Himalaya bordering with Tibet. The main highlights of Mustang trekking are antique Tibetan villages, rare medieval Buddhist arts, the exotic culture and the unique beauty of the Himalayan desert.
- Explore the Forbidden kingdom of Mustang
- Uniqueness of tree-less landscape, rocky trails
- Stunning views of Nilgiri, Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and other Himalayas
Duration: 21 Days
Max. Altitude: 3840 m (12,557 ft).
6. Dhaulagiri Circuit Trekking:
Dhaulagiri Circuit Trek is an Adventurous Trekking route in between Dhaulagiri and Thapa peak. Mt. Dhaulagiri is the World’s 7th highest peak . Similarly, Dhaulagiri circuit trek provides the trekkers remarkable mountain views of the Dhaulagiri.
- May also see mountain sheep and the snow leopard on the way
- Dhaulagiri Trekking Circuit means an Exploration of the wild nature
- The Jomsom and Dhaulagiri base-camp
- Unique culture and tradition of the different ethnics
Duration: 23 days
Maximum Altitude: 7,000 m
7. Kanchenjunga Base Camp Trekking:
Mount Kanchenjunga 8586 m is third highest mountain in the world. Actually, Kanchenjunga base camp trekking is a remote and undeveloped area as compared to other trekking destinations of Nepal. Kanchenjunga trekking is one of the unspoiled trekking trails in eastern part of Nepal . Kanchenjunga trekking tour is known as Kanchenjunga base camp trekking include both Kanchenjunga base camp trails ( southern Pangpema base camp & Northern Oktang Base camp) . Mt. Kanchenjunga is translated along the lines of “Five Treasures of the Snow”
- Often claim to have spotted snow leopards on the trail below Ghunsa, especially toward Sele Le Pass
- get an opportunity of a great walking through terraced fields, forests of birch, bamboo and rhododendron.
- Face to face with the world’s 3rd Highest Mountain
- Explore the natural beauty of tours
#Duration: 32 Days
#Maximum Altitude: 8586 m.
#Best Time: MARCH-JUN, SEP-NOVEMBER
8. Gosainkunda-Helambu Trekking:
The main attraction of Gosainkunda Helambu Trek is holy Gosainkunda Lake which is one of the most popular pilgrimage destinations among both Hindu and Buddhist religious groups of people. Besides this, the valley offers pine forest, swift mountain streams, rugged rock and snow-capped peaks, grassy downs and meadows strewn with daisies and wild primal.
- views including Buddhist monasteries, a cheese factory, yaks, glaciers and mountain lakes
- Holy Gosainkunda lake
- Natural and cultural beauty of that place
- an excellent opportunity to experience Helambu and Langtang visiting glacial lakes and crossing some high passes.
Duration: 8 Days
Maximum Altitude: 3597m.
Best Time; Sept. to Dec. and March to May.
When to go for Trekking in Nepal??
The best seasons for trekking are the dry and warm seasons, March-June and September-November. During these seasons, the temperature is bearable and skies are usually clear, although the skies are foggier and the rain begins in May-June. It is possible to trek out of season, but expect rain and leeches during the summer monsoon season and severe cold and closed passes during the winter months.
During the monsoon season, the treks are virtually empty of travellers. At night it rain most ; days are cloudy with less rain. The north side of the Himalayas is in rain shadow, meaning that the mountains somewhat block the rain. Annapurna Circuit is in rain shadow after Pisang. The skies are still cloudy and it rains occasionally. In mornings the skies may be clearer, but the views are still nowhere as good as during the trekking season. Landslides may block the trekking routes.
In Nepal, you can explore the beauties and cultural studies with the help of trekking. Besides these trekking routes there are many astonishing routes for trekking.
If you are interested and want to know more about trekking in Nepal. Visit our official website Global Link Tours & Travel