Entry & Exit Points
Entry and Exit Points:
The entry and exit points for the purpose of the foreigners entering into and departing from Nepal are following. The Immigration offices in such points are opened 24 hours. Entering and departing from other places except the point is treated as the voilation of Immigration Act and the Regulation.
1) Immigration Office, Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu
2) Immigration Office, Kakarvitta, Jhapa (Eastern Nepal)
3) Immigration Office, Birganj, Parsa (Central Nepal)
4) Immigration Office, Kodari, Sindhupalchowk (Northern Border)
5) Immigration Office, Belahia, Bhairahawa (Rupandehi, Western Nepal)
6) Immigration Office, Jamunaha, Nepalgunj (Banke, Mid Western Nepal)
7) Immigration Office, Mohana, Dhangadhi (Kailali, Far Western Nepal)
8) Immigration Office, Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar (Kanchanpur, Far Western Nepal)
9) Immigration Office, Pokhara (not the entry point)
Visa Facility Duration Fee
Multiple entry 15 days US$ 25 or equivalent convertible currency
Multiple entry 30 days US$ 40 or equivalent convertible currency
Multiple entry 90 days US$ 100 or equivalent convertible currency
Tourist Visa Extension
• Visa extension fee for 15 days or less is US $ 30 or equivalent convertible currency and visa extension fee for more than 15 days is US$ 2 per day
• Tourist visa can be extended for a maximum period of 150 days in a single visa year (January – December).
Gratis (Free) Visa
• Gratis visa for 30 days available only for tourists of SAARC countries.
• Indian nationals do not require visa to enter into Nepal.
Transit visa for one day can be obtained from Nepal’s immigration offices at the entry points upon the production of departure flight ticket via Tribhuvan International Airport in Nepal, by paying US $ 5 or equivalent convertible currency.
For further information, Department of Immigration, Maitighar, Impact Building, Kathmandu, Tel: 00977-1-4221996 / 4223590 / 4222453, web site: www.immi.gov.np can be contacted.
Nepal government gives on arrival visa to all nationalities expect following countries: