Dolpo Trekking: A Trek to Many Superlatives
Dolpo trekking takes you to one of the most remote, undeveloped, and unexplored lands of Nepal. The newly opened trekking route also carries you the land of many superlatives. First, the Dolpo trekking comes from the name of the Dolpa district itself – the largest district of Nepal. The largest National Park Se-Phoksundo National Park and the deepest lake Phoksundo also lie here. The most recent trekking route and the most unexplored lands and mountains are equally what will draw your attention.
Besides, the Dolpo inhabitants will never leave your memory. They are the most humble nomads with least touch to the modern lifestyle, their simple life with the Hindus and the Tibetan Buddhists living in harmony, the superb Kanjirowa, “Crystal mountain”, the beautiful Dhaulagiri mountain will keep on calling you silently and innocently with the cool breeze flowing to touch your every skin pores.
Dolpo Trekking Highlights
- some of the most virgin and the unexplored lands and mountains of the world
- newly opened trekking route for the foreigners
- named after the largest district of Nepal – Dolpa
- Dolpo trekking pleases you with many superlatives:
- the largest district,
- the deepest lake,
- the largest National Park,
- the most recent trekking route of Nepal
- the most beautiful pine forests, rhododendrons, oaks, blue sheep, and snow leopard
- presence of Tibetan language and culture in the Nepalese land
- the Oscar nominated film in a foreign language, Caravan is all about Dolpo trekking
- Dolpo trekking is the home of several monasteries coming from years old up to 700 years
Dolpo Trekking Route: Kathmandu-Nepalgunj-Dolpo-Nepalgunj-Kathmandu
The shortest way to visit this wonderfully beautiful an uninhabited land of virgin mountains starts from Kathmandu from where we go to Nepalgunj in an air flight. From Nepalgunj, we again fly to Jhupal airport of Dolpa district and then trek to the district headquarters Dunai. After a couple of days of exciting trek, we reach the wonderful Phoksundo lake which is the deepest lake of Nepal. Depending on the length of your vacation, the trek can be extended up to the upper Dolpo region from the Phoksundo lake area.
For a detailed itinerary of the upper Dolpo trekking and the lower Dolpo trekking, please contact us here. We offer a flexible trekking period ranging from 18-28 days for Dolpo trekking.
For a complete trekking solution for the other most beautiful and exotic lands of Nepal, book in advance our most experienced, authorized, and trusted licensed trekking guides.